Sunday, January 8, 2012

So I was at Joanns...

And I do like Joanns, better than my Michaels, but not as cool as Hobby Lobby.  I also find pricing at Joanns a little steep, but now I have my iPhone and can use it as a coupon, I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!!  But I don't know what happened today, it was like I was smacked by the OMG JOANNS IS AWESOME stick, or maybe it was the awakening of my caramel macchiato now that the holiday drinks are done (in my calendar).

I could have bought tons if I had the money, storage, time, etc.  But I found myself in the teachers section, and I found really cute borders teachers use to put around cork boards, and it reminded me of the boys bathroom.  Here's the scoop...
 I designed this tattoo for the boys before we moved from Portland.  It was a mix of Mike Wysowski from Monsters, Inc., B.O.B. from Monsters vs. Aliens, and a t shirt Ro had before he became a butterball.
 So when it came to choosing a design for the boys bathroom, this shower curtain really hit home.
 And then I did a painting for the bathroom inspired by the tattoo.
 This is the border, how cute is that?  So why not frame the mirror with it?  Their bathroom is the last room to be painted because only guests use it right now since bath time happens downstairs.  So maybe this will inspire me.
 The first piece...
 And the second...
 And Ro found his nebulizer and was showing me how to use it...
And there.  Realized my mirror is not square, but hey, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment