Monday, July 18, 2011

Modern Hunting Lodge

When I found out I was pregnant with another boy, I wanted something a bit more masculine than the neutral mint green and frogs I did for Ivan (I wasn't patient enough to wait to find out the sex of the first baby before registering).  So for Ronin, I thought a Modern Hunting Lodge would be GREAT!!!  So I had the "Portland Light" version, then when we moved down here it took a while but this is what I came up with.

I love the stripes, there are tons of colors because I kept changing my mind on the solid color of the other walls. (I chose Valspar Italian Leather.)

The moose head and bear skin rug were AWESOME gifts from my mother in law (along with the name board over the door).  I switched out the changing table for B's old bedroom furniture.  You will also recognize the use of a poncho liner as the chair cover.

Each bedroom has a "half hot" plug attached to a different light switch, so I used Christmas lights (a standard of mine) in a cute way on the moose.  Over the closet I have robot Christmas ornaments in shadow boxes, and a personal piece of art I did.  (As is the piece over the crib.)








No comments:

Post a Comment