Thursday, December 8, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

Years and years ago (like at least 30 years ago) my Uncle Phil made some of the most beautiful salt dough ornaments that we hung on our tree until, well, my mom may still have them.  Of course he had a great eye for detail and they were beautiful.

So we were at Vons today and they had a tub of 101 cookie cutters for $10 and I was like I NEED THAT!!!  So I came home and made up some of the salt dough, which was about as much fun as sugar cookies, NOT REALLY!!!  UGH!!!  And the ornaments are now in the oven on their 4th hour, so we shall see how they do.  The boys and I will paint tomorrow.
 Cookie cutters...
 Recipe...
 One cup salt...
 Two cups flour...
 Mix that up...
 CRAP!!!  Do NOT EVER try to turn a mixer off when standing behind it, because off then means highest setting...
 One cup warm water...
 Dough...
 Roll...
Bake 4-6 hours (I'm sticking with 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment